Creating the Future of Europe together – Forum of Social Economy in EU Regions
Tuesday, 6.3.2018 | Starting at 12.00 with the study visit
The Association Social Economy Slovenia and SOCIAL SEEDS project partners are inviting you to participate at the regional forum of Social Economy, on 6th of March 2018 in Maribor, Minorite Church (Minoritska cerkev at Lutkovno gledališče-Puppet theater), Vojašniški trg 2a, starting at 12.00 with study visit of social enterprise community in Maribor, the European Capital of Social Economy 2018.
On 1 March 2017, the European Commission published its White Paper on the future of Europe as the starting point for an honest and wideranging debate on tomorrow’s Europe. The paper focuses on the finances of a future Europe of 27 in a changing world. In the final version it presents possibilities and reform options, mapping out opportunities, risks and trade-offs for each. Europeans fund an EU budget that manages a wide range of issues that go beyond national borders and necessitate a European or international response. From climate and energy, to migration, consumer protection, globalisation, employment, the single market and the common currency, the budget contributes to the prosperity of EU citizens and the success of common policies.
The public consultation, taking into account the possible scenarios of EU 27, is therefore focusing on the main trends and challenges Europe is facing today and give the opportunity to shape the Future of Europe tomorrow. Security and safety for the Citizens of EU represent one of the main orientations of the Future of Europe. Economic strength, sustainability and solidarity are incorporating the main principles of social economy, implemented throung Sustainable development goals 2030, which in turn lead European actions to stronger and more resilient economy, by promoting long term competitiveness, sustainability and solidarity.
Managing migration as third main challenge calls for action for all Member States, as it is a shared responsibility not only among EU Member States, but also vis-à-vis non-EU countries of transit and origin of migrants. External challenges, security, humanitarian aid and development gives the social economy enterprises an exemptional range of opportunities as EU citizens as they expect Europe to play a leading role in the world, to manage the effects of globalisation, to defend a rulesbased order, good governance as well as democracy, the rule of law and human rights, and sustainable economic development and to project stability and security in particular in Europe’s immediate neighbourhood.
We invite all stakeholders, social economy enterprises and organizations, non-governmental organizations, regional development agencies and local action groups, as well as municipalities and other interested parties to join us at the Regional Forum: Creating the Future of Europe Together, participate in the public debate and contribute to the co-creating of Position Paper as a contribution of the stakeholders to the Future of Europe through Social Economy perspective.
Please register on: https://goo.gl/forms/1425KfFqKt1PGL6H3
Registration is open: NOW
10.00 – 12.00 Partners meeting: SOCIAL SEEDS, Action plan
12.00 – 16.00 Study visit of Social enterprises in Maribor (starting at Puppet Theater near Minorite Church, Vojašniški trg 2awith short lunch break at Dame Cooperative)
16.00 – 19.15 Forum of Social economy in EU Regions: Creating the Future of Europe together:
- 16.00 – 16.15 Openning speech: Tadej Slapnik, State Secretary at the Prime Minister’s Office (language: Slovenian, English translation)
- 16.15 – 16.45 Panel (1): The role of municipalities in the Future of Europe through Social economy actions (mayors of the municipalities highly engaged in the promotion of social economy, including mayor of Maribor, Capital of Social Economy for 2018), (language: Slovenian, English translation)
- 16.45 – 17. 15 Panel (2): The role of Regional Development Agencies and Local Action Groups as regional and local promotors of social economy actions (language: Slovenian, English translation)
- 17.15 – 17.45 Panel (3): The role of supporting enviromnets and innitiatives as one of the main important stakeholders in the ecosystem of Social Economy (language: English, Slovenian translation) :
- Impact Hub Vienna (Bistra Kumbarovska)
- Social Impact Awards (Jose Antonio Morales)
- European Commission: Pilot project of Social Economy Regions 2018 (Karl Vanderpoorten)
- Tkalka (tbn)
- Knof – social enterprise incubator (Mojca Ž. Metelko)
- GoodBizz (Anja Šerc, tbc)
- 17.45 – 18.30 Panel (4): Best practices of Social Economy on the regional level: Presentationof SOCIAL SEEDS project and best practices of social enterprises in partners regions (Slovenia, Germany, Italy, Checkrepublic, Poland, Hungary, EURADA), (language: English, Slovenian translation)
- 18.30 – 19.00 Presentation of the Position paper as a result of public consultation for national and transnational actions (Slovenian, English version)
19.15 – 22.00 Visit Stara Trta and dinner (by invitation only)
Adress: Vojašniški trg 2a, Maribor
ENTRANCE: Through the Puppet Theater (Lutkovno gledališče)