Republic of Slovenia in collaboration with European commission, partner countries and organizations is glad to invite you to attend and participate actively on regional conference:
SEE2: SCALING UP SOCIAL ECONOMY ENTERPRISES IN SOUTH EAST EUROPE
24.– 25. April 2017
Brdo Congress Centre, Ljubljana – Slovenia
The main purpose of the conference is to boost social economy enterprises in the South East Europe (SEE) region countries: Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Albania, Romania and Bulgaria. It provides a platform for exchange of public and private experiences across Europe for development of social economy enterprises in SEE, for establishing links and a common strategy of the region.
This unique event deals with the following horizontal issues:
- Promoting European values through partnerships and social economy;
- Promoting social inclusion and jobs creation through partnerships and social economy;
- Promoting bottom up creation of regional networks through development cooperation programmes and IPA in case of candidate countries and EU sources of financing – particularly how to better use European Structural and Investment Funds to develop social entrepreneurship and social economy as whole.
The conference will operate on both top-down and bottom-up levels: firstly to create and develop synergies between States, local authorities and social economy actors; and secondly to boost social economy enterprises and identification and anticipation of their needs on the decision making policy levels. The final goal of the conference is to create a mid-term plan for boosting social economy enterprises in SEE. Participation on the conference is free of charge, you can register online HERE.
Registration is available NOW and will be closed on 15th of April 2017. Get your free ticket today!
The event will took place in Brdo Congress Centre, Predoslje 39, 4000 Kranj, 15 min from Ljubljana city centre, however, we advise to make reservation of accommodation in Ljubljana since the conference bus shuttle will be organized and networking events will take place in Ljubljana.
Welcome to SLOVENIA !
DAY 1 – 24.4.2017
- 9.00 – 10-00 Registration and coffee
- 1000 – 10.10 Introductory speeches
- 10.10 – 10.50 Welcoming speeches
- 10.50 – 11.20 Development of social economy in South East Europe: state of play
- 11.20 – 11.40 Coffee break
- 11.40 – 13.10 Round table: Social inclusion, social activation and active citizenship – local jobs creation / Questions & answers
- 13.10 – 14.00 Lunch
- 14.00 – 16.30 EIB Institute Panel & Workshops: Social innovation – from innovative idea to business (capacity building knowledge transfer to SEE countries)
- Startups (innovative business models): social enterprises, cooperatives, others
- Supporting environment (from desk sharing to business accelerators)
- Knowledge transfer: how to change an idea into products/services with social impact
- Access to market for social economy enterprises: sustainable financing through different financial tools (impact investment funds, cooperatives for ethical financing, private impact investors, EU funding programmes, international development cooperation)
- 16.30 – 17.00 Coffee break
- 17.00 – 17.30 Presentation of Social Impact Migrants Investments – SIMI project
- 17.30 – 19.00 Workshop 1: Upgrading SIMI project
- 17.30 – 19.00 Workshop 2: Legal basis for social enterprises – transfer of practices: Social economy network
- 20.00 Organised conference transfer to Ljubljana and free evening
DAY 2 – 25.4.2017
- 8.30 – 9.00 Welcoming coffee
- 9.00 – 09.10 Welcoming speech
- 9.10 – 9.25 Results of the Workshops on upgrading SIMI project
- 9.25 – 10.30 Round table: Sector-specific best practices of partnership and growth in SEE / Questions & Answers
- 1o.30 – 12.00 Workshops on institutional issues: Partnerships and innovative models of cooperation – capacity building session
- 12.00 – 12.15 Coffee break
- 12.15 – 13.15 Round table: Launching a mid-term plan for boosting social economy enterprises in the South East European region + key recommendations
- 13.15 – 13.30 Closing remarks
- 13.30 – 14.30 Lunch
- 16.00 – 19.00 Visiting social enterprises in Ljubljana
Accompanying program of both days: FAIR OF SOCIAL ECONOMY ENTERPRISES
“The project “Additional support to the Governance of the EUSAIR- Facility Point Plus” has received funding from the European Union”
“Strategic project »FACILITY POINT – Supporting the governance of the EUSAIR« is funded under the INTERREG V-B Adriatic-Ionian Cooperation Programme 2014-2020
by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA II) and national funds”